Weekend Mass – Saturday 5:00 PM and Sunday 11:00 AM
The Daily Mass schedule is as follows:
Tuesday – 9:30 AM
Wednesday – 7:00 PM
Thursday – 9:30 AM
Friday – 9:30 AM
Registration is not required for Daily Mass
Attendance is limited to 50 parishioners (including the priest and volunteers). This will ensure we remain compliant with provincial and Diocesan public gathering guidelines.
Pre-Registration is Required to Attend Mass
Register for Upcoming Masses
Your registration is valid until 5 minutes before Mass.
After that time, if you have not shown up, your spot(s) will be made available to other parishioners.
Please arrive Before Mass
Doors will be locked when Mass begins. If you are late, you will not be able to enter.
You will receive an email confirmation of your reservation.
You are invited to attend weekend Masses every two weeks; you many attend the Wednesday evening Mass every week if you wish.
Due to the fluid situation, Mass times are subject to change. We will inform parishioners of any changes through Flocknote and our social media channels.
Holy Name is committed to the safety and well-being of our parishioners and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Bishop McGrattan’s decree dispensing Catholics from the Sunday obligation remains in place. This means that even though public Masses have resumed, Catholics are not obligated to attend Mass. Those who do attend do so out of their own free will and prudential judgement.
Initially, Mass will look very different from how it was only a few months ago. These are some important changes to be aware of:
- Pre-register for the Mass you plan to attend. If you cannot attend, please cancel your registration to allow other parishioners to attend.
- Use the AHS self-assessment tool and stay home if you have any symptoms.
- Entry – plan to arrive 30 minutes before the start of Mass; attendees will be guided into the church by volunteers; please line up under the veranda at the front of the church, being sure to maintain physical distancing; Ushers will seat you in the pews. Doors will be locked once Mass begins or capacity has been reached.
- Masks – all attendees are asked to bring their own non-medical mask and wear it during your time in the church; everyone receiving communion is required to wear a mask; please view the video on how to receive communion when wearing a mask.
- Changes in the Liturgy – to minimize the spread of the virus, certain parts of the liturgy will be omitted; this includes: singing, shaking hands during sign of peace, holding hands during Our Father, passing the collection basket and receiving the Eucharist on the tongue,
- Donations – a donation basket will be available as you enter and exit the church; donations can also be made online or by setting up an automatic donation through your chequing account or credit card on our Giving Page
- Attendees requiring low-gluten hosts are asked to talk to the Sacristan on duty for revised protocol and to receive a host.