The Catholic Women's League
In the world today, as perhaps never before, the church needs an enlightened and faithful laity. Dedicated members of The Catholic Women’s League of Canada live their faith by serving others and, thus, discover Christ through relationships with others.
2019-2020 Events Calendar
- Tuesday, September 10, at 6:00 PM: Pot Luck supper (main courses provided) and brief General Meeting in the church hall. The Holy Name CWL welcomes all current and prospective members.
- Friday, September 27, at 10:30 AM: Pie bee in the hall.
- Friday, October 4, at 10:30 AM: Pie Bee in the hall.
- Tuesday, October 8, at 7:00 PM: General Meeting.
- Saturday & Sunday, October 12 & 13: Ministry Fair, CWL.
- Saturday & Sunday, Nov. 2 & 3: Purse, Scarf, & Belt Sale, after all masses. Donations welcome.
- Thursday, November 7, 7:00 PM: “Over 18”, featuring a full-length documentary and discussion on how to help combat pornography addiction among children & teens (church and hall).
- Tuesday, November 12, 9:00 AM: Memorial Mass, followed by a brunch and General Meeting to be held in the church hall. Pre-registration required, $5.00.
- Saturday/Sunday, November 23 & 24: Christmas Bake Sale after all masses in the gathering area. Donations welcomed.
- Monday, November 25, 7:00 PM: Diocesan 2020 Convention Planning Meeting (church hall).
- CWL Memberships for 2020 may be renewed at the November to February meetings. Please make your cheque payable to the Holy Name CWL in the amount of $25.00.
- Sunday, December 1, at 1:30 PM: Christmas Party in the church hall. No General Meeting.
- CWL Memberships for 2020 may be renewed at the December meeting - $25.00.
- Tuesday, January 14, at 7:00 PM: Annual General Meeting. Memberships available - $25.00. Postponed to January 21, 2020.
- Tuesday, February 11, at 7:00 PM: General Meeting.
- 2020 CWL memberships due, $25.00. (Note: memberships cost $30 after the end of February.)
- Tuesday, March 10, at 7:00 PM: General Meeting.
- Saturday, March 14, at 6:00 PM: Membership Dinner. Pre-registration and payment required. Cost $30.
- Saturday and Sunday, March 28-29: Spring Bake Sale after all masses in the gathering area. Donations welcome.
- Tuesday, April 14, at 7:00 PM: General Meeting.
- Sunday, April 26, 2:00 PM: Our Lady of Good Council – High Tea (finger sandwiches, desserts and a variety of teas). (church hall)
- Saturday, May 9: Pro-Life Hike for Life.
- Tuesday, May 12, at 7:00 PM: General Meeting.
- Tuesday, June 9, 7:00 PM: General Meeting.
- June 10 to 13: CWL / Knights of Columbus Garage Sale (SET UP: Wednesday after 7:00 Mass (K/C, Thursday from 3:00-7:00 PM; Friday morning 10:00-12:00. SALE: Friday, 3:00 - 7:00 PM and Saturday, 9:00 AM-1:00 PM. CLEAN UP: Saturday 1:00-3:00 PM.
- Wednesday, June 10: Twilight Retreat and Supper at Mt. St. Francis in Cochrane. Cost: $30.00 per person, paid in advance. Bus departs Holy Name Church at 5:00 PM sharp. Returns at Holy Name 10:00 PM. Bus transportation paid by Holy Name CWL.
- February 2020 general meeting
- January 2020 general meeting
- 2020 AGM