Parish Updates Regarding
Mass has resumed on a limited basis at Holy Name Church.
Safety precautions are in place to ensure the safety and well-being of all Parishioners.
See the News section for more information
Mass has resumed on Saturdays at 5:00 PM and Sundays at 11:00 AM.
Register for Mass here.
Holy Name remains open for private prayer during regular office hours (9:30-12:00, 1-4 PM).
In keeping with the Government of Alberta’s mandatory mass gathering restrictions, please observe the following:
- When visiting the Blessed Sacrament Chapel for private prayer, there should be no more than 15 people together at any time
- Observe at least 2 metres of physical distancing
- Those who are ill, show symptoms of illness (however mild), as well as individuals from “demographic groups at greater risk of severe disease, such as people 60 years of age or older and individuals with chronic medical conditions” should stay home.
If you cannot attend Mass,
Observe the Mass
Mass Live Stream Schedule
- The Calgary Diocese maintains a list of Masses being livestreamed from around the Diocese here.
- Watch the recorded Mass from Holy Name here, and on our Facebook page.
- Salt + Light TV: Daily Mass and Sunday Mass at 9 a.m., 1 p.m., and 8:30 p.m.
- Daily Mass with Bishop Robert Barron & Fr. Steve Grunow is also available at wordonfire.org/daily-mass.
Sacrament of Penance
Confessions are available by appointment only; contact the Parish Office for details.
Pray the Liturgy of the Hours
The Liturgy of the Hours, or the Divine Office, is the daily prayer of the Church which marks the hours of each day and sanctify it with prayer. To learn more and begin praying this venerable practice of Catholic Tradition, visit universalis.com.
Do Spiritual Reading and Watch Spiritual Videos
The following websites offer wholesome Catholic content that could minister to your spiritual needs during this time:
- Ascension Presents: videos, podcasts, and articles on discipleship
- FORMED: all-ages, video-on-demand service for Catholic faith formation content
- Blessed is She
- Aleteia: Catholic spirituality, culture, and lifestyle
When it is not possible to receive communion, it is beneficial to cultivate in your heart a constant desire for the Sacrament. Pray the St. Alphonsus of Liguori act of spiritual communion.
Do you or someone you know need help?
The following organizations are able to offer assistance:
- Dial 211 for food, shelter, and financial support
- AHS Access Mental Health: is the coronavirus anxiety affecting your mental health? Call 403-943-1500 for non-urgent cases (no referral needed), or call 403-266-4357 if you need immediate help
- Health Link 811: for individuals who are not seriously ill but have flu-like symptoms and have travelled outside Canada or have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19. Call 911 if you are seriously ill or need immediate help.