Parish Updates Regarding
Stage 3 of reopening begins July 1st, 2021
Mask use continues to be mandatory inside the church (at this time).
- While mandatory mask use in public indoor settings is no longer required as per Alberta AHS guidelines (except in specific situations), a City of Calgary municipal bylaw still requires mask use. The city will vote on July 5th, 2021 to determine whether to repeal this bylaw.
For details on the city’s mask use bylaw, click here.
- Registration for Mass is no longer required.
- There is no capacity limit for in-person attendance.
- You may attend Mass as often as you would like.
- The dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass continues at this time.
- The Sign of Peace may now be offered with one another by a bow, not by a handshake.
- Communicants can now remove the mask in front of the priest/deacon/extraordinary minister of Holy Communion to receive Communion and must put it back on after consuming the consecrated host.
- Reception of Holy Communion on the tongue is now allowed to resume.
- Congregational singing at Holy Name will resume at a later date.
- Confessions continue to be by appointment only.
When it is not possible to receive communion, it is beneficial to cultivate in your heart a constant desire for the Sacrament. Pray the St. Alphonsus of Liguori act of spiritual communion.